All complaints will be taken seriously but it is important that we differentiate between concerns and formal complaints. Concerns should be dealt with at an early stage in an informal way. This will reduce the numbers that develop into formal complaints. It is hoped that staff should be able to resolve issues on the spot, including apologising where necessary.
The complaints procedure is designed to:
- Encourage early resolution of problems by informal means wherever possible
- Be publicised in information given to all parents of new students
- Have clear time limits defined at each stage of proceedings and this information to be relayed to the complainant
- Respect people’s desire for confidentiality
- Address all the points at issue and provide an effective response and appropriate redress, where necessary
- Provide information to the Management Committee so that services can be improved